Saturday, April 7, 2012

Lip Heaven

Hey Everybody!

My name is Payton. And I have a problem. I am addicted to lip balm. There, I said it! And I will say it over and over again! I am obsessed. My lips have always been dry, tight, and chapped. I never really noticed it until recently. Now wherever I go, whatever I do, I always have something on my lips. (She really does, there is never a moment that I see her where she's not continuously rubbing something on her lips. Baby smoooth ;) -Holly)  I wanted to review my lip balms with you all. Everything from my holy grail lip balms, to the ones I regret buying. Hope everyone enjoys! :)

1. Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula

This is my absolute favorite lip product I've used since my obsession started. It is so creamy, and it does not give any tint or sparkle, just a nice, creamy, smooth finish. It is enriched with vitamin E and has SPF 15, to protect your lips from the sun. It also smells really nice, like cocoa butter! It's not marketed as a scented product, the smell just comes from the natural cocoa butter used in the product to make your lips so smooth. I like this because I tend to be drawn to more natural things. I find that Lip balms loaded with artificial scents and flavors smell and taste weird, it's just too fake. The Palmers company used its Cocoa Butter Formula comes to make many other products as well. Everything from lip butters, to swivel sticks, to cream, soap and even facial moisturizers.  I have not tried all the products, but because of my love for this one, I'm deffinatly going to go and try some out! Be expecting some reviews soon!
to find this photo and other Palmer's products go  here   

2.Burt's Bees  Beeswax lip balm
     Beeswax Lip Balm Tube
I am very sorry to say, I regret buying this. I had bought this chaptsick a couple years ago, and from the start I noticed that it was very thick and sticky. It didn't moisturize my lips, it coated them with a layer of  chapstick. I would usually end up wiping it off at the end of the day, and my lips would still be dry and dull. This is strange, and very disappointing, because I happen to love many of Burt's Bees other products, including their other lip products! I actually love their pomegranate lip balm and the tinted balm's too. I just think that this specific type (with the beeswax) was not my cup of tea. The other lip products that I do like probably have different ingredients that benefit your lips much more than the beeswax lip balm. (Comment below if you would like me or Holly to write a blogpost on comparing the ingredients of different lip balms and which ingredients are best for your lips!)
I got this picture here

3. EOS lip balm

Sweet Mint Lip Balm Sphere
This has got to be the cutest lip balm I have ever seen. Along with being adorable it is extremely hydrating. A little bit goes along way with this product. Whenever my lips are feel uncomfortably dry, all I have to do is glide this product across my lips and, voila! Instant relief! My lips are not cakey or sticky at all. This is defiantly my second favorite on my "Holy Grail" list. This product is honestly so much fun to apply, as silly as that sounds. You twist of the top and smooth the round ball of lip balm onto your lips. You wouldn't think so, but it really feels very different then when you apply lip balm out of  a stick! I find that the roundness of the lip balm pressing against your lips and massaging them also makes my lips fuller, as well as hydrated.  The EOS lip balms are made with 95% organic ingredients, including Shea butter and jojoba oil. It also has Vitamin E, which is great for your lips, and is very antioxidant rich. It is also 100% natural, and is Paraben free, as well as petrolatum and gluten free! I loved my EOS so much that I used it up completely (and you will never imagine how much product can fit in such a small container's worth.) It was a great buy, and I would defiantly re-purchase again, again and again! EOS also make products such as lotion, shaving cream, and lip balms in tubes (instead of the little egg shapes!). I will try to get them, and totally do a review.
To find the picture and other EOS products, go here

4. L'Oreal Paris Color Riche balm


Last but DEFIANTLY not least. This product is new to the L'Oreal family. A soothing balm with a light sheer of color. It comes in a beautiful translucent cap, in the color of the balm itself , and golden tube. It comes in eight beautiful colors (shown in the picture above. I got the picture from here). With SPF 15 this balm will give you protection from the sun. The color of the lip balm will give you a sheer tint. I have been using this product everywhere I go. I used to use 2 lip products on my lips: a plain, matte lip balm (like the cocoa butter), and then add a sweet lip gloss on top for color. But now when I'm in a rush, I can just whip out my L'Oreal lip balm, and be ready to go. It has defiantly been a savior for my lips and my time! It nourishes your lips for up to 8 hours, and an additional 2 hours after you take it off. My friend has also been using the balm, she bought it shortly after hearing me RAVE about it, and she loves it as much as I do.

Until next time, keep your lips nourished and hydrated!
xoxo Payton


No comments:

Post a Comment