Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Concealer That Cures Acne?! Can It Be?!

Actually...not really. Hahaha sorry to disappoint, but it's the truth!

I think it was mentioned before that I have very oily, acne prone skin. On top of that my skin gets dry easily from all the harsh acne productions I use (I want those pimples to go away, gosh darnit!). I don't always feel comfortable covering my acne with concealer because I am afraid it will do more harm than good. I went to Sephora and asked for a concealer that is good for acne prone skin, and the women helping me lead me over to the Murad skin care section and gave me this:


I was so excited! Murad is a very high claiming skin care line, and they have many, many interesting acne products! This concealer also had 2% salicylic acid, which is as much as the acne facial cleansers from the drug stores! It also claimed to have vitamin A to balance out oil, and green tea extract for antioxidants to protect against free-radicals. (For those of you who don't know what free-radicals are, the dumbed down answer is "damaged cells", I don't really know enough about them to fully explain, it's all a bunch of science stuff lol.) Too good to be true? UH, yes. 

For one thing, it didn't blend all that well. I could work with it so it would look nice, but the consistency was sort of...waxy.  When I say it was waxy, it was, but it wasn't horrible! It gave me good coverage, I would say it was actually medium to maybe even full coverage! Truth be told, I don't have much experience with concealers, so I'm not the best judge on the exact coverage, but this was my best guess.

It was also not the most sanitary of products, as it was a stick concealer. I never put it directly on my pimples, I would put in on my finger first, but still, I was not entirely comfortable with it. Then, when I put the cap back on, I was afraid it would trap in bacteria. Call me paranoid, but I just hate hate hate my acne!!! I would rather have had a tube that squeezed out the product.

Now, I was really, really, reeeally hoping this concealer would do what it claimed. If it did, my goodness, I would have the ultimate miracle product right here! Life's questions would be solved! The world would be a better place!

It wasn't.

I used this for about a month, each day I saw no difference in my acne. My acne did heal, but this was not from the concealer, but from my skincare. And then new acne would come up, and again the concealer did nothing but conceal. Which is essentially what a concealer is, so this product did not fail completely!

Overral, I would rate this...4/10. It was okay, but I would not repurchase it. If you are intrigued by this product, try it! Everyone's skin is different, so it may work for you. I would be very interested to know how it works for you, since the product's claims seem so amazing. Leave it in a comment below!

Until next time, banish those good-for-nothing pimples!! They are not worthy of sitting on your lovely face ;) 
xoxo
Holly 


No comments:

Post a Comment